Pre Care advise
Avoid showering two hours before your wax. That’s because a shower opens up your pores and makes them vulnerable to infection.
• Do not shave or wax for at least 3 – 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
A ¼ inch hair growth is required for bikini, leg, and underarm waxing.
• For Brazilian and bikini waxes, please trim any long hair to minimize discomfort.
• Female clients may have heightened sensitivity during the week prior to or during menstruation.
• Limit your caffeine intake the day of your waxing service. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system and increases sensitivity.
Before your wax, please do not… • Use Retin-A/Renova for at least 30 days.
• Use Accutane for at least one year.
• Use peels (glycolic, AHA, etcetera) or dermabrasion on the area for at least 24 hours.
• Consume excessive amounts of alcohol or sunbathe for at least 48 hours.
• Use self-tanners, exfoliants or moisturizers the day of the service – they can cause irritations to the sensitive hair follicles that are open after waxing
During the next 24-48 hours:
No hot baths or showers
No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
No sport, gym work or other exercise.
Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other
products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.
Preparing for your Spray Tan:
Correctly preparing for your spray tan means you will get longer lasting results from your tanning application while keeping that gorgeous, flawless result for up to 10 days. These tips will help you achieve just that!
Exfoliating your skin 24 hrs before the tanning application takes place means that you will have removed all dead skin cells which will help the lifetime out of your tan.
All waxing, shaving and exfoliation MUST be carried out 24 hrs beforehand, to ensure that your pores close prior to your tanning application.
You should moisturise your knees, elbows, knuckles and any other dry or rough skin you may have the day before.
Do not apply any moisturisers, deodorants or perfumes on the day of your spray tan. It is also best not to shower or bathe directly before the treatment, so best to leave a few hours between a wash and your spray tan.
Spray Tan after care
Do not allow your skin to get wet and avoid sweating at the gym or any other physical activity, washing hands, showers, baths and washing up!
Avoid wearing tight clothing and underwear including bra and socks.
*No deodorants/perfumes for 12 hours.
*Wait 4-5 hours before washing off Bellamianta tan.
*Wait over 8 hours before washing off St. Tropez tan.
Maintaining your Spray Tan:
Avoid swimming as the chlorine strips the colour from your skin.
Shower instead of taking long baths.
Don’t rub down with your towel after washing pat your skin dry.
Avoid any waxing or shaving treatments for at least 2-3 days if you do.
Moisturise regularly as this will keep your skin hydrated, hence longer lifetime out of your tan and your tan will end up fading much better also.
MICRODERMABRASION / MICRONEEDLING
Microdermabrasion /Microneedling aftercare advise
Keep the new skin clean and moisturized
Use a gentle cleanser.
Trauma such as scratching or picking the treated area should be avoided.
It is important to avoid irritatig the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for one week.
Although some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
Avoid staying in the sun for at least 7 days after the microdermabrasion /microneedling treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin which slows down the recovery.
If you absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 50 or higher.
Do not use glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzyl peroxide or topical acne medicatios for 24-48 hours following treatment.
You may resume prescription retinoid products Retin A etc 3 - 7 days after last microdermabrasion /microneedling treatment or as instructed by your technician.If you are receiving a series of treatments, do not resume any of these products until after you have completed your last medical microdermabrasion /microneedling treatment.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries or questions
It is advised that all patients skin is prepared with the recommended Dermaceutic products for at least 2 weeks prior to receiving a Dermaceutic professional peel
It is recommended to stop using all active ingredients 3 days prior to having a Dermaceutic professional peel
No sun exposure for at least 4 weeks prior to receiving a Dermaceutic professional Peel
Patients must apply Hyal Ceutic / K Ceutic & Sun Ceutic for 3 days post treatment
Avoid any active ingredients for 3 days post treatment
No sun exposure for at least 4 weeks post treatment
Patients can continue their daily skincare routine 3 days post treatment
Avoid any hot showers, swimming, saunas, exercise or excessive heat for 24 hours post treatment.
Cleanse with cold water only or Dermaceutic Advanced Cleanser
Eyelash Extension After-Care Instructions
It is very important to follow these instructions thoroughly….
WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS
– DO NOT get lashes wet in order for the glue to dry thoroughly
– AVOID hot steam from cooking, shower or sauna
– LEAVE THEM ALONE…be gentle with your lashes and they’ll last
– Do not rub your eyes
– Do not pull your lashes
– Avoid sleeping on your side as lashes will shift
– Do not wear mascara
– Do not use an eyelash curler
– Do not wash them
AFTER 24 HOURS
– AVOID OIL BASED CLEANSERS, MOISTURISERS OR EYE MAKEUP REMOVERS. These products with oil will dissolve into the glue which bonds the eyelash extension. Instead you may use water or an oil free makeup remover around the lash line with a cotton bud.
– DO NOT USE WATERPROOF MASCARA. The ingredients in this type of mascara will again dissolve the bonding agent and your lashes will fall off.
– IF YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO USE MASCARA, apply only a water-based mascara only on your lash tips, not at the base of your lashes. Application on the base of your lashes may break the lash and/or create a clump of mascara in your lash line. The Lash Boutique Dalkey has a recommended water-based mascara in stock if required.
SHELLAC / GELISH
Shellac / gelish aftercare Around the House
You have to add protection to your nails if doing tough jobs like household cleaning and gardening, Hobbies that are rough on your hands or using harsh chemical products without wearing gloves, without protection can mark your CND Shellac / Gelish nails.
Getting Used to Your CND Shellac / Gelish Manicure
If you do happen to cause some damage to the CND Shellac /
Gelish , a chip or lifted an edge of your CND Shellac /
Gelish , please do NOT pick or pull at the area, as this will cause any damage to increase. Please contact the salon so we can assess the nail and decide if a repair is necessary.
If you are on holiday please be careful when using sun tan oils or insect repellent solutions as many of these products contain solvent oils which will cause major damage to the CND Shellac /
Gelish colour coat.
Some of the more delicate CND Shellac /
Gelish colours can fade somewhat if you are in chlorinated water followed by excessive sun (remember that chlorine is a bleach and sun intensifies the bleaching action). Dry your hands and nails after swimming and before sunbathing to minimize any colour fading.
Let Yourself Be Pampered
If you wish to temporarily change the colour of your nails whilst wearing CND Shellac / Gelish you can use nail enamel over the CND Shellac / Gelish . Relative to your life-style and activity level, your CND Shellac / Gelish will need fortnightly or three weekly maintenance as there will be obvious re-growth. At this point we can either re-CND Shellac / Gelish your nails (removing existing CND Shellac / Gelish and re-applying a fresh new colour) or we can remove the CND Shellac / Gelish completely which takes a brief 15-20 minutes.
If you do decide you want to remove your CND Shellac / Gelish please call 0667189009 and let us do it safely for you in the salon. Incorrect removal at home may damage the surface of your nails.